Sunday, December 5, 2010

Quick prawn fry with mint chutney

What do you do when you have a lazy Sunday evening to spend at home and it is pouring outside? Well, you make sure you have a freezer stocked with prawns of course. And you can make a quick mint chutney to go with Prawn fry.


So, while we tuned in to some music and my husband was fixing some Bacardi and Coke, I quickly marinated the prawns with pepper, salt, lemon juice and turmeric powder. If you wish you could also use gram flour batter to fry the prawns.

I also deep fried some appalams while I dipped the mushrooms and brinjal in besan (gram flour) batter before doing the same.

For the besan batter:
Gram flour
Water
Salt
Turmeric Powder

Method: Mix the above ingredients and make a thick batter. Salt would be about 1 tsp.

Needless to say, my Sunday was a very good one:p

No comments: